Skip to main content

3 Years.

I remember the day vividly. I was awoken from a calm deep sleep, by my dad who exclaimed, “Your soon-to-be husby got bit by a spider on his eye and half of his face is swollen!” Okay, so he didn’t call him my soon-to-be husby, but I like to keep his name private. So sue me.

Great.

Husby decided to gather all his groomsman and go jump off high cliffs into water the morning of our wedding, which resulted in him getting bit by a spider and half of his face swelling. Of course he would do that. This is the guy who had his nose smashed on the side of his face for our Senior Prom due to a soccer accident. He was prone to getting his face messed up for big events. Luckily, my dad is a Pharmacist and he got some drugs in him as soon as possible. The swelling went down and all was calm again.

I laid in bed with mom, lazing around since the wedding didn’t start until 7pm. I ate a glazed donut but it was all I could force down. All my bridesmaids were at the Church getting their hair and makeup done, and I arrived at about 4. I was the last to get ready.

As soon as we had our hair curled and sprayed, our makeup in perfect proportion, our fake long eye lashes adhered, our glammed out shoes on, and our spectacular dresses fastened, we were ready to roll.

I was abnormally calm.



My bouquet weighed like 15 pounds. And I am not exaggerating. My arms were sore the next day!



My dress was my favorite! It was a Kenneth Pool, and it was dripping with sparkly diamonds and jewels. I never wanted to take it off.





I originally didn't want to wear a veil because I didn't want the sparklies covered up, but when the lady at Saks Fifth Avenue placed it on my head, there was no going back. It just completed the look. I felt like a bride.

Here's me and my man in the middle of the Ceremony. I cried. He cried. We all cried.



Here we are smooching as we are pronounced MAN AND WIFE!!!! That was a happy moment.



This picture makes me laugh. Husby's grandfather was praying a blessing over us and the flower girls couldn't help but peek at what was going on. Precious.



Husby! We're married!! This is my first step toward the Glamorous Life of a Housewife!! ;)



My gurs. My biffs. My forever friends.



Horray! Yay! Yippee! Cheers! We were a bit excited.

Now that we're good and married....let's head to the reception. Our goal (mom and I) was to go from all white and ivory (ceremony), to a giant burst of all color (reception). Here are some flowers.



These were the centerpieces for each table. The tables turned out EXACTLY how we envisioned. They were everything I ever hoped for.



The room looked like this:



I gasped when I walked in for the first time seeing it all put together. It was perfect. And it smelled like HEAVEN in there with all of those flowers. We had over 300 guests.



Hustle and Bustle.



Here are husby and I trying to sneak in a few bites at the Head Table.



Some of the bridal party going through the food line.



Oh, here we are arriving. That is momma in the pretty dress.



And then we cut the cake. And we used FORKS to feed each other with! We didn't even realize that until we went back and watched our video. We are dorks. See the back drop behind us? We strung gold and ivory satin everywhere to hide the set of bleachers that were behind us. It turned out beautifully!



Head table chatting it up with my BFF - my Matron of Honor. She is lovely.



Husby and I took it all in. At least, that's what it looks like we're doing. In all actuality, I don't remember a second of my reception. It's all a big, colorful blur.



Our band we hired to play. They were amazing. They sang old songs - like Sinatra. So fun.



And then we watched a video. It made me cry. Surprise, surprise.



As I cried, MOH laughed.



Finally, we ran through a sea of people with sparklers. It was July 1. We thought that would be cute. It was.



I feel like a movie star in this picture! Look at how many people were photographing us. HA! My brother is the one on the right. And notice the smoke. Sparklers are smokey.



And we're OFF! We were starving at this point because we mingled all night and I had one bite of mashed potatoes. So, I made husby stop at a convenience store and I got a crispito. I downed it. He got 2 pieces of boneless chicken. He couldn't eat a bite. We were two nervous cats, but it didn't keep this chick from eating!!

Well, there are a thousand more pictures, but I thought this would suffice. I hope you enjoyed a walk down memory lane with me today. These pictures bring back SO many fantastic memories. These three years were honestly the best of my life, and I look forward to what the future holds! :)

Come with me as we watch it all evolve!
I am a modern day homemaker with a passion for family, cooking, celebrating, decorating, travel, and memory making! The Lord has blessed me with the desires of my heart in my husband and our two sons. We recently built our dream home and cultivating a loving and happy haven for my family is where I find so much joy.

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding pictures, and how fairy-tale-ish your day was! I hope y'all have a wonderful celebration of your 3 years together as husband and wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful wedding you had!

    I've just discovered your blog after you left a comment on Warm Pie, Happy Home. Hope you don't mind me leaving a comment here.

    Here's hoping you are soon able to fulfil your dreams of becoming a housewife. It's certainly my dream job and I love it.

    Kind regards,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and your Husby! Your wedding pictures are lovely, it looks like a great time was had by all.

    Here's me holding up a, uhm cup of coffee, and saying, "Cheers to many more years. And hoping you will soon be a Glamorous Housewife!"

    Have a great day. Hope you're able to do something special today.

    Toodles~

    ReplyDelete
  4. tomorrow is my turn to walk down memory lane. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute together and always look so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary! i LOVE your pictures! i almost feel like i was at the wedding :) your flowers, dress and centerpieces were absolutely gorgeous! doesn't it make you want to get married all over again???

    our 3 year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks...i'll have to post some of our pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pics, such a gorgeous wedding! Love the sparkler pics! Cute site too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wedding was a beautiful celebration of two remarkable people. What a joy it was to be there and take part in that memorable day.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on 3 lovely years! i love the pictures. i love how warm and glowy everything is. beautiful. enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your. Dress. Was. Awesome!!! I don't blame you for not wanting to take it off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, thank you. You've got some catching up to do, little lady.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you have a perfect day then and now:D Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your comment on Pioneer Woman's site and I just had to check out your blog - great name BTW!

    Just thought you'd like to know that my cousin helped design your dress - he works with Kenneth Poole and my daughter and I went to go see Kenneth Pool's fashion show in NY last fall. Such a blast! The gowns are so beautiful with such intricate beadwork. I've already told Ralph that he has to design my daughter's dress when the time comes. (She's off to college in the fall, so it'll be a few years yet).

    My husby & I will be celebrating 25 years next month - it hasn't always been easy - like the early years with no kids :) - but it has been good. As someone who's been around the block, don't be in a rush to get to the "glamorous housewife" part of your life - enjoy each of your days to the fullest now - you'll look back on these times with husby with fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wedding! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous wedding! You are so beautiful. I'm so glad you went ahead with the viel, it's perfect.
    Lovely tables... the sparkers ARE cute!!

    It's so wonderful to see a happy couple. Here's to many more years of bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Thanks for linking this!! What a BEAUTIFUL wedding. Omigosh. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Came by from Megan's. Wow, what a fabulous wedding! Everything is gorgeous, the gown, the flowers...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you had a huge wedding!!! Just wonderful! SOO pretty! Elegant! So glad I stopped by! Come see my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe today! Thanks for the comment, friends! :)